Re: [Spridgets] Fire Extinguishers

To: lee.fox@sbcglobal.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fire Extinguishers
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:44:15 EST
I don't know what an ABC rating is.  My recommendation would be to
purchase one that is sanctioned for use in motorsports.  Do Sfi sanction  fireX
for
motorsports?

Weslake-Monza 1330

lee.fox@sbcglobal.net writes:

OK, I  know this has been covered before, but I have a new question.
The fire  extinguisher in the Midget needs to be replaced. It is a
1A-10BC and has  lost its charge. The cost of a recharge is probably
about what a new one  would cost. While shopping around I found a new
product at Costco. It is  the First Alert Tundra. A two-pack was only
$20.
<http://www.firstalert.com/fire-extinguishing/TUNDRA-SPRAY/TUNDRA-FIRE-EXTIN
GUISHING-SPRAY/TUNDRA>

It  contains no ABC rating, but the package says to keep one in cars. It
supposedly last longer than traditional extinguishers of similar size
and it leaves no damaging residue. One downside is that it can  freeze.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Lee

PS: I'm picking up  a 1966 Midget parts car tomorrow. It has a 1098 and
wires. Anyone need  anything special? I'm in St. Louis.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums