[Spridgets] Robbins/Amco/EZ ON

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Robbins/Amco/EZ ON
From: Charley Braum <cbaustin@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 21:07:29 -0400
    Another twist in the mix is the intermediate shop noted in my
earlier e-mail as 'Vic's Upholstery'.

    The Robbins top came directly from them (Vic's) in a Robbins box
with a Robbins warranty sheet and Robbins installation instruction sheet.

    Now for the hook - there was an e-mail communication between Robbins
and Vic's (copied to me) indicating that Vic's is somehow involved with
EZ-ON as well.

    I don't have that e-mail with me (out of town until this weekend). I
don't know if Vic's is a shipping house (Vic's Upholstery is the name on
the shipping label) but I got the impression (perhaps unfounded) that
Vic's assembles the pieces to Robbins / EZ ON specs and ships them on to
the end-user.

    At any rate, I was assured by Doug Robbins that under NO
circumstances do they think any of us are qualified to install their
products. There was a disclaimer page that was not added to my shipment
indicating that. This is repeated in a short paragraph on the warranty
card. Doug's specific comment was that they ALWAYS recommend, if not
insist, that their products be 'professionally installed'.

    You can search Robbins' web-site for 'approved' installers. I wonder
if EZ-ON has the same.

    Sorry for being long-winded (hope the EZ-ON connection to Vic's is
not a downer to anyone), regards,

      CB

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75