Re: [Spridgets] Robbins/Amco/EZ ON

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Kitterer Bob
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Robbins/Amco/EZ ON
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 09:35:52 -0700 (PDT)
Bob,

I agree with what you wrote - I used the MG mitten tops several times - great
fit.
Now i drive a Morris Minor and the tops are made from ever-flex vinyl.
They seem to charge a lot more here then in the UK -
Usually enough to cover the postage and get a few beers. The difference is the
fit.
The installers charge about another $200 dollars on my Morris.
It took them 3 - 4 hours - to R & R the top. Glad i paid some one.
My MG attached different & really was not that hard to replace.
So i did it myself - I did have to stretch the top a little.
When i parked the car i always put the top up -
The first one i left it down and it left a crease in the canvas.
This is where the top finally failed - it also made a baggy spot in the top.
You have all seen them flapping in the wind on the freeway.

Vigil