Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: [spridgets] Bugeye Turn Signal Lens Rubber Body

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Steven Guterman <an5.sprite@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: [spridgets] Bugeye Turn Signal Lens Rubber Body
From: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 06:54:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steven,
Welcome aboard. Bridgehampton was my favorite track ever since going there in
1978 for a $50 test day. Fast and challenging track, but many people did not
like the tow and the rudimentary facilities and it didn't help that for years
the track was under threat of being sold to developers.  I raced a 948 Mark II
Sprite in the 80's, but the production fields were slim at that time, and SCCA
rule was if you didn't have enough cars to make a race in H/P you got bumped
up to G/P. One of my fondest Sprite memories from Bridgehampton was having a
great race in G/P in 1983 with an Alfa and two other cars, and finishing a
close 2nd.
What a beautiful job you've done on the old race car!  It looks like lots of
time went into those quarter panels.
John Caffrey
Fogelsville, PA