Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: [spridgets] Bugeye Turn Signal Lens Rubber Body

To: <an5.sprite@gmail.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: [spridgets] Bugeye Turn Signal Lens Rubber Body
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:00:42 -0400
Beautiful car Steve. You've done a fantastic job.
Where are located?
There a a few of us on Long Island if you're still here.
Love to see your car if you are.
I've restored a former racecar for street use also.
Consensus amongst the list is that for rubber parts,
the place to go is
http://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/
A couple vendors on the list  carry or can get their parts.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:23:28 -0400
> From: an5.sprite@gmail.com
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: [spridgets] Bugeye Turn Signal Lens Rubber Body
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to the list, was introduced by Linda (thank you).  I am completing
> the conversion of my  59' Bugeye race car back to street use.  I used to
run
> in the 80s at Bridgehampton, LI before they closed the track.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a good quality rubber body for
> the turn signal lens on a Bugeye.  This is moss part number 159-600. I
> bought a set  from either moss or VB (too long and too many parts ago to
> remember) 3 out 4 where usable the forth will not hold the glass lens.
They
> also do not feel as firm as the originals.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Steven
>
> 59 Bugeye
> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tvKOKUFm3KuVR7NCW14bbw?feat=directlink