Re: [Spridgets] Speaking of Harley Davidsons

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Speaking of Harley Davidsons
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:44:27 -0700
Quite simple.  A motorcycle is not the primary transportation for most
people.  Excepting maybe the motorcycle groups such as the Angels, Hessians,
Mongols, Vagos, Deuces, etc.
In a down economy, a motorcycle is a luxury toy to be enjoyed on weekends or
short jaunts to the store.  Who's got extra money for toys these days.  The
sales of motorcycles will go up along with the economy in the future.  That
being said, my local has as many new Harleys on the display floor as ever.
He does not look like he will be closing his doors any time soon.  A smart
business man knows the up and down swings in the economy are temporary and
usually provides for a downturn in his business plan such as trimming the
work force, offering less services, etc.  O.K., enough of that, you guys
made me want to take my Harley out for a ride before work. (It's paid for)
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 Heritage Springer