Re: [Spridgets] what does a shortblock weigh?

To: "Jim Fournier" <jimndi@frontiernet.net>, "BJNoSHOV8" <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] what does a shortblock weigh?
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:18:31 -0600
I screwed two 2X4s together to form a 4X4 which I bridged across two rafters
of my garage.  Then I built a "T" out of 2x4s to support those two rafters
down to the floor.  Using a chain hoist, I lifted the whole front end of an
MGB with engine and trans still in it -- I'm sure well over 1000 lbs.  No
problem at all.  This would definitely be overkill for a Spridget short
block, but that is a built-in safety factor that should put your mind at
ease.

LAD