Re: [Spridgets] Seats

To: "'Frank Edwards'" <logical2@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Seats
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 21:42:22 -0500
I agree Frank.  The seats on the Bugeye are pretty easy to do.
I went for the least expensive kit I could find and despite some very minor
fitting issues, I think they came out pretty nice.

If your foam is bad you can build up the shape from 2 inch thick foam from
the fabric store. If required, you can cut holes in some of the layers to
get the same compliance as the original foam.

I spent more time welding up and painting the seat pans, and I doubt your
local upholstery guy is going to be able to do that for you.  And I'm not
interested in the $300 repro seat pans.

If you want a non-standard color you will either have to learn to sew up
pleated vinyl or pay the man.