Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Kitchen Appliances

To: "'HealeyRick'" <healeyrick@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Kitchen Appliances
From: "Richard Ball" <rich_ball@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:04:13 -0800
We have a 2001 Bosch dishwasher and have had no problems with it at all.  As
others have said is so quite that you can't always tell that it is running.
I still often open it to put something in not knowing that it's running.  We
also have one with the controls on the edge, but ours does not automatically
restart like Billy's does.  The only problem we had is that our house is a
1919 craftsman and the kitchen cabinets were too low and too shallow to
install the dishwasher.  I had to build an enclosure/cabinet next to the
stove to install it.

Speaking of the stove, we had to replace ours two years ago when the circuit
board failed.  It failed in a scary way.  We had what the manual referred to
as a Run Away Oven.  The oven would just heat consciously with not
temperature regulation anytime it was plugged in to the outlet.  Re replaced
it with an LG convection oven that Susan loves.

One word about glass cook tops.  If you use your stove to can anything you
will want to make sure the one you get is rated for that.  Not all of them
are due to the way the heating element works and cools under the glass top.
You will also need to get a special flat bottom water bath (hard to find but
out there) as most are concave and won't work.

Rich Ball
'76 Midget
Everett, WA