[Spridgets] Sucking oil through PCV valve

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Sucking oil through PCV valve
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:00:19 -0800
We have a desmogged '70 Midget. It has the earlier carbs without the
vacuum intakes for crankcase ventilation and has been fitted with a PCV
valve. It's taken to pulling oil into the carbs via the PCV valve. The
valve itself seems OK, but I can't think of any other reason for the
problem. We've already been through the sealed vs. vented oil filler
cap, and have a vented cap on the car.

Any ideas appreciated. I don't particularly want to order another PCV
valve for no good reason.

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html