Re: [Spridgets] Sucking oil through PCV valve

To: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sucking oil through PCV valve
From: gary majewski <gmajewski@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 15:35:02 -0600
Group, My wife and I had the same trouble with a new '85 Buick Skyhawk. After
several trips to the dealer and many part changes, it was found out that it
was the location of the PCV valve. Seems that the setup that was to
             shelter the valve from the oil thrown around inside the engine
was actually causing the oil to puddle and let the valve suck up the oil. So
maybe it is the location of your valve. Maybe a way to shelter the valve from
the
             oil thrown inside the engine can be made.

             Gary    '59 BE    SE Wisconsin

On Jan 17, 2011, at 2:00 PM, David Ambrose wrote:

> We have a desmogged '70 Midget. It has the earlier carbs without the vacuum
intakes for crankcase ventilation and has been fitted with a PCV valve. It's
taken to pulling oil into the carbs via the PCV valve. The valve itself seems
OK, but I can't think of any other reason for the problem. We've already been
through the sealed vs. vented oil filler cap, and have a vented cap on the
car.