[Spridgets] Tractors

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Tractors
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:07:23 -0800
For a few seasons I had a 4 wheel drive compact tractor like this one:
http://www.compact-tractors.com/images/kim_mitsua.jpg

It made dealing with snow a pleasure.
I also got to be a good neighbor and move snow away from cars so people
could get out after the plow came through and piled it up beside, in front
of and behind everyone.
Sold it for 10% more than I paid for it and all the implements.
A compact 4WD diesel tractor can only increase in value, unless you do
something really stupid to it.

I sold it because I was done clearing my land, bought a brand new "lawn
tractor" and paid some bills with the proceeds.
But I do miss driving a "real" tractor, I grew up working on dairy farms and
did a little "logging" so there's something cathartic about the smell of
diesel smoke in the morning.

Rick (it's only real if it uses diesel) Bastedo