[Spridgets] off topic posts

Subject: [Spridgets] off topic posts
From: spritenut at comcast.net (Frank Clarici)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 07:48:53 -0500
On 1/4/2011 10:37 PM, cathey speichinger wrote:

> Anybody know what the difference is between the rear bearing hubs of a wire
> wheel rear end versus a steel wheel rear end?  Moss shows different numbers
> and I cant see a difference?

No difference, I just put rear bearings from a steel wheel car on a car
with wires and they not only fit, they work. there is no difference.

> Any body know where to get spools of wire color coded ro our cars?  Custom
> harness work>

Maybe British wire. But I save old harnesses and use them to patch or
re-wire other old harnesses and have been doing so for the past 20
years. But I love wiring Sprites and like spending a night or 2 cutting
and wrapping up a harness to suit my needs like added cruise control, an
extra switch or 8 and a couple of extra gauges ;)

> Tires are getting hard to find,,,  any favorite tire sources online.
> Favorite brands?  Best all around size for a 4.5 wide rim?

Tirerack.com 175/70 x 13

> Did anyone buy any cans of the green motor paint Paul A used to sell and are
> you willing to part with two cans.  Moss's is not correct looking

Bill M may have the paint or at least the paint code.
Sherwin Williams made the paint for Paul, whom ever is picking up Paul's
pieces may be able to supply the paint. I sure hope so.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ