[Spridgets] Old paint question

Subject: [Spridgets] Old paint question
From: spritenut at comcast.net (Frank Clarici)
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 22:13:41 -0500
On 1/6/2011 7:34 PM, uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com wrote:

> Question - How long does old paint last -

 From personal experience, latex paint is good for about 2 years as long
as it never froze.
oil based paints are good for about 5 years
Modern urethane car paint so far, I have not had any go bad.
I just used Bill Gilroys paint that I had for 5 years, it needed a good
mixing but now I have a gold Midget.
I also used left over silver paint from 7 or 8 years ago for the wire
wheels on this same car. Beautiful!
As for spray paints, I have some old stuff that was in the shed of my
first rental house when I moved in, it's dark blue, I still use it. It
is over 32 years old, still sprays. I have 3 or 4 cans of that old
stuff, one can did rust through, it made a mess so when it let loose in
the cabinet, it was still good. I also have floral spray paint in lovely
girly man pastel colors, I keep them around for weird jobs, they came
from a florist that closed up at least 15 years ago, more like 20 now
that I think about it. They still work.

So old paint lasts a long time.

--
Frank Clarici