[Spridgets] L(A)JC

Subject: [Spridgets] L(A)JC
From: chris_west at juno.com (chris_west at juno.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:08:15 -0500
Bob wrote:
  Except for tiny cars (which I happen to like) I do not see very many
cars getting 30 mpg or better.
>From personal observation or trusted sources:

                                       1970 Triumph GT6+ (my first new
car) = 30 mpg highway @ 70 mph
                                       2000 Buick Century (3.1 L V6) = 30
mpg highway @ 70 mph
                                       2001 Buick Century (3.1 L V6) = 30
mpg highway @ 70 mph
                                       2002 Chevrolet Malibu (2.4? L 4
cyl) = 32 mpg highway @ 65 mph
                                       2009 Mini Cooper S (1.7 L Turbo 4
cyl) = 36 + mpg highway @ 75 mph

These are real world (NOT EPA) figures from cars that I or friends
own(ed) .  All but the GT6+ benefit from computerized engine management
systems and multi port fuel injection.  And the Mini is "small" but not
"tiny" as there is as much room in the front seats as a Ford Taurus (the
back seat, not so much.)

Chris - AN5L35xxx
Globe Life Insurance
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d2b13115603cb83da4st02vuc