[Spridgets] L(A)JC

Subject: [Spridgets] L(A)JC
From: jfishbein at snet.net (Jay)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 07:09:07 -0800 (PST)
In the U.S. it's not about mileage, it's about prestige. For the most part,
people here aren't concerned with the price of fuel. People want to drive
something fashionable and large tall vehicles are in vogue.

Oddly, some see it as an "expression of freedom".

Personally speaking, in addition to conservation, I like small, nimble
vehicles.

For daily travel, I have never had the need to drive a truck-like vehicle and I
will argue that most of the people driving Range Rovers, Suburbans, Denali's,
Tahoes, Wahoos, Yahoos, Cadillac and Lincoln trucks, those half-truck things
with 4' beds, Honda Ridgelines/Clothelines whatever you call them, and so-on,
have little practical use for them.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct