[Spridgets] <Spridgets> L(A)JC

Subject: [Spridgets] <Spridgets> L(A)JC
From: pfeilmat at gmail.com (Matthew Pfeil)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:10:26 -0800
I have a truck. it is broken. I use my 95 eclipse that i bought for 500
dollars as a truck. In fact, i just came home from Lowes (very large hardware
store for those not int he US) with two 10 foot 2x6s, three 8 foot 2x6s, and
four 10 foot pieces of 2x2 drip edge for the shed that I am making loaded in
the Eclipse. I do own a 2007 Toyota FJ cruiser, however it is a 2 wheel drive
family hauler. I live in a valley that never gets snow. It may get icy, but no
snow. I have no need or reason to go to the snow, so my family hauler of
choice is the toyota. The Eclipse is a car that I bought because the truck is
down and will be for some time. The truck is a 1965 Ford F-100 6 foot bed with
a 351 Cleveland, C6 automatic, and 9 inch rear end. No matter how broke that
truck is, the wife will not let me get rid of it.

Matt P

On Jan 10, 2011, at 9:53 AM, Mark Haynes wrote:

> I have to agree with Jay on this one, We have 3(!) '83-'85 Tercel 4WD
wagons
> that we use for everyday commuting (60+ mi round trip). People laugh at our
> little cars, but they haul everything we need (including the 4 of us) up
and
> down 3500 vertical feet everyday, get 35+ mpg, and when its snowing and
really
> nasty, we pass everyone because we have selectable 4WD and are prepared (4
> wheel studs help!).
> We also have a "96 F-350 Crew with an 8' bed (its a truck for god's sake!)
and
> an 8' plow on the front (25' long with the plow) that gets 10mpg when its
not
> plowing no matter how much you load into it- I've had more than 3500lbs in
> there and still gotten 10 mpg going up 3500'.
> My motto is-If there's something your car doesn't do that you want it to,
then
> get one that does what you want it to.
> But 4' bed on a ?truck? that's not a truck, it's a look-at-me, I pretend to
do
> stuff, in my opinion. Flame Suit on!!
>
> Mark Haynes
> HAN6L12977
> HAN5L8016
>

> Personally speaking, in addition to conservation, I like small, nimble
> vehicles.
>

> For daily travel, I have never had the need to drive a truck-like vehicle
and
> will argue that most of the people driving Range Rovers, Suburbans,
Denali's,