[Spridgets] <Spridgets> L(A)JC

Subject: [Spridgets] <Spridgets> L(A)JC
From: haynes386 at netzero.net (Mark Haynes)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:53:53 GMT
I have to agree with Jay on this one, We have 3(!) '83-'85 Tercel 4WD wagons
that we use for everyday commuting (60+ mi round trip). People laugh at our
little cars, but they haul everything we need (including the 4 of us) up and
down 3500 vertical feet everyday, get 35+ mpg, and when its snowing and really
nasty, we pass everyone because we have selectable 4WD and are prepared (4
wheel studs help!).
We also have a "96 F-350 Crew with an 8' bed (its a truck for god's sake!) and
an 8' plow on the front (25' long with the plow) that gets 10mpg when its not
plowing no matter how much you load into it- I've had more than 3500lbs in
there and still gotten 10 mpg going up 3500'.
My motto is-If there's something your car doesn't do that you want it to, then
get one that does what you want it to.
But 4' bed on a ?truck? that's not a truck, it's a look-at-me, I pretend to do
stuff, in my opinion. Flame Suit on!!

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016

Personally speaking, in addition to conservation, I like small, nimble
vehicles.

For daily travel, I have never had the need to drive a truck-like vehicle and
will argue that most of the people driving Range Rovers, Suburbans, Denali's,
Tahoes, Wahoos, Yahoos, Cadillac and Lincoln trucks, those half-truck things
with 4' beds, Honda Ridgelines/Clothelines whatever you call them, and so-on,
have little practical use for them.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

Mark Haynes