[Spridgets] 1342

Subject: [Spridgets] 1342
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (bjshov8 at tx.rr.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:29:39 -0400
Well that's your problem right there- it should be 18436572 like any other
self-respecting V8 engine.  (Of course while they are at it they would have to
number the cylinders like everybody else too.)

I'll tell you that I have timed very many V8 engines, and even if you know the
firing order by heart and you are careful when you do it, occasionally you will
cross a wire.  It is definitely worthwhile to double-check that before moving
on to the more difficult parts.

There are aftermarket parts now that change the firing order of some engines.
I noticed on a car show on TV they were talking about aftermarket cams that
would change the firing order of the V8 Chevy just slightly, probably reversed
2 cylinders, and it would make a little more horsepower that way due to a
slight change in the way the breathing worked.