[Spridgets] axle or pinion problems?

Subject: [Spridgets] axle or pinion problems?
From: pfeilmat at gmail.com (Matt P)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:16:11 -0700
References: <137f.69e15a01.3b797a05@aol.com> <9dm03d$co3hmk@email.mtu.edu> <E5731695-C021-4388-95DD-E82308F690EC@chartermi.net> <002701cc5ad4$385b35d0$a911a170$@rr.com> <67D324B7-F532-4D5D-9B19-8AE0F65D1245@chartermi.net> <000301cc5ae0$03f3df70$0bdb9e50$@rr.com> <CA+Xq+0xsx0EYEJd-0q4TUxn4HttD=OWNBmsybd6FuV_OmHUidQ@mail.gmail.com> <5C595FFEEAE94D56A2A3DF19CB064B40@RikerPC> <083701cc5bc9$ac607b20$05217160$@rr.com>
I know when I broke my axle, the entire splined end was still stuck in the
gears in the pumpkin. I had to remove the pumpkin to get this piece out. It
was about 1 1/2" long and expanded in the gearing for the left side. I also
pulled the whole thing so I could get all the smaller pieces of metal out of
the diff, and there was plenty.

The extra work was worth the piece of mind that all I would be dealing with
was a broken axle only, and not also a broken diff further down the road.

Matt P

Ex 1976 and 1978 Spridget owner.

Sent from my iPod