Re: [Spridgets] Alloy Cylinder Head Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Alloy Cylinder Head Questions
From: Dave Yealy <lbc@littlebitcountry.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:29:07 -0500
If you get one, you might want to take it to a machine shop that can
make it work.
Someone brought one into our shop to "FIX" and it took some time to
get the pushrod holes lined up with the rockers. The pushrods rubbed
the sides of the head and then trying to shim the rockers so they
would actually hit the tops of the valves, had to shave the sides of
two pedestals so the rockers were close enough to the center of the valves.
When we first put it together 4 of the rockers all but missed the
valves. This was a $1300 bare head, it did have the seats and guides installed.
This one took some skinny ass spark plug, not sure what they were anymore.

Good Luck
Dave

At 08:51 AM 2/22/2012, you wrote:
>Guys and Gals,
>
>I think that this is the year that I spring for an aluminum cylinder
>head.  Has anyone had good experiences or bad experiences with
>them?  I am going to use on my 1275 that I just rebuilt over the
>winter.  What spark plugs would I use?
>
>I would like to hear what you all think before I buy.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html