Re: [Spridgets] While we are discussing prop rods

To: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>, "Spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Yahoo Spridget list" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] While we are discussing prop rods
From: "Greg Higgins" <higgs6@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:00:48 -0400
Brad, I always used a 1"x 3' piece of a broom handle I kept in the trunk. I
place one end in the latch box the other end up by the spring, you get lots
of hood height to work on the car, I never use the prop rod. When I restored
my 63 sprite I found the hood hinges and hood had flex cracks from years of
being supported on one side, my car being the passenger side.

Greg Higgins