Re: [Spridgets] Work bench surface

To: Mark Haynes <220caribou@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Work bench surface
From: Trevor Jessie via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 17:29:35 -0400
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--001a1143312cc48ddb05303c3dff

Being the impatient person that I am ... I whipped out my wallet and bought
some new  stainless steel from the local supplier.  He had some drop cuts
that I could have pieced together, but nobody likes drilling holes in
stainless.  So I paid for a solid piece cut to size.  It is mounted and I'm
happy ... maybe I should sell a spare midget differential to try and pay
for my new workbench surface.

-Trevor

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Mark Haynes <220caribou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Trevor-
> Try online metals, I've had good luck with them when I need 304L in odd
> sizes.
> You'll have to cut and paste,but it'll get you to the sheet SS page.
>
> http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=232&step=2&top_cat=1
>
> or Service Steel Aerospace, though they are in the PNW,
> http://www.ssa-corp.com/en/materials.php
>
> HTH,
> Mark Haynes
> It only goes one way- Pay It Forward
>

> I have a small workbench in the corner of my home garage that is 23" x 52".
> The bench top is actually just made from scrap 2x4's and it has always had
> a sheet of aluminum on it for a surface.  The aluminum was too thin and has
> seen better days so I want to replace it with stainless steel.  I've been
> watching Craigslist for an old kitchen prep table but they all seem to
> bring good money.
>
> The question:  If I were to just go out and buy a sheet of new stainless
> for the bench surface ... what gauge would be sufficient?
>
> Alternate question:  Any other suggestions for something to use as a bench
> top surface?
>
> -Trevor

--001a1143312cc48ddb05303c3dff

wallet and bought some new =C2=A0stainless steel from the local supplier.=
=C2=A0 He had some drop cuts that I could have pieced together, but nobody =
likes drilling holes in stainless.=C2=A0 So I paid for a solid piece cut to=
 size.=C2=A0 It is mounted and I&#39;m happy ... maybe I should sell a spar=
e midget differential to try and pay for my new workbench surface.<div><br>=
gmail_quote">On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Mark Haynes <span dir=3D"ltr=
">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:220caribou@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">220caribou@=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=
od luck with them when I need 304L in odd sizes.<br>You&#39;ll have to cut =
and paste,but it&#39;ll get you to the sheet SS page.<br><br><a href=3D"htt=
p://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=3D232&amp;step=3D2&amp;top_cat=3D1=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=3D232&amp;s=
 they are in the PNW,<br><a href=3D"http://www.ssa-corp.com/en/materials.ph=
I have a small workbench in the corner of my home garage that is 23&quot; x=
 52&quot;.<br>
The bench top is actually just made from scrap 2x4&#39;s and it has always =
had<br>
a sheet of aluminum on it for a surface.=C2=A0 The aluminum was too thin an=
d has<br>
seen better days so I want to replace it with stainless steel.=C2=A0 I&#39;=
ve been<br>
watching Craigslist for an old kitchen prep table but they all seem to<br>
bring good money.<br>
The question:=C2=A0 If I were to just go out and buy a sheet of new stainle=
ss<br>
for the bench surface ... what gauge would be sufficient?<br>
Alternate question:=C2=A0 Any other suggestions for something to use as a b=
ench<br>
top surface?<br>

--001a1143312cc48ddb05303c3dff--

--===============7648385428210101601==