[Spridgets] Question about mating the transmission to the engine

To: "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Question about mating the transmission to the engine
From: David Ambrose via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 22:03:39 -0700
We're trying to mate a new transmission to a 1275 engine. After a two
attempts at assembling the clutch using the clutch pilot, we were able
to mostly mate the transmission to the engine. There's about 3/8 inch
left. The transmission isn't going on easily and I'm wondering if we
should use the bell housing bolts to pull them together or take is all
apart again, and make another try.

This is a replacement transmission of unknown parentage other than it
came out of a Midget. I was wondering if the pilot bushing might be a
different diameter. Were there multiple sizes?

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive