[Spridgets] Rear brake Beehive spring / Steady spring

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com> CDjQl7xjbNeu2QvrPnnIX65kdubxsyqmbtUVnMsDx5570KTqLyUUnfTgTYh8hn2duLEVAV34qxE3OTmoGSmrQvsRKg0Mdgao0kRplfrvNMcXtJmzHQx7ZAod
Subject: [Spridgets] Rear brake Beehive spring / Steady spring
From: Lester via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:00:45 -0500
Good Morning all,

so I noticed that a rear tire was low.  A few weeks later I went to fill it
with air.  It had come loose from the rim, and mud daubers (wasp here in the
South) had built a nest between the tire and rim.

Off comes the rim, this reveals a streak of brake fluid down the tire and a
puddle on the driveway.  This caused me to remove the shoes but first, I had to
remove that damned spring.  When last I installed these, I stumbled on the fact
that there is the easy way to install them and a hard way.  The hard way takes
30 minutes and a lot of cursing an prying while the easy way takes seconds.
does anyone remember my easy way?  I sure donâ??t.  I vaguely recall that if
you just push the spring in oriented the correct way it snaps on to the fitting
on the backing plate.  But of course I donâ??t remember what that orientation
is although it â??looks likeâ?? the hook in the spring should be pointed
outwards.

What say you all?

TIA,Lester

spridgets@autox.team.net