[Spridgets] Tags and Titles rules for a Brit!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Tags and Titles rules for a Brit!
From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 13:48:37 +0100

--00000000000022307e05cb3ef4dd

Hi List,

I've been working my way through the youtuber 'Towtrucker'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dz5yMAL6Vqag

And I now understand the stuff that listers have said about residents
associations and stuff in years gone by (a vintage junker is still a junker
to them!).  I hadn't appreciated that some Americans live on what I'd call
working class private gated communities.  We don't have anything like that
in the UK that I can think of.

What I'm less clear about is tags and titles.  So the tag is what I'd call
the number plate and each year you have to pay the government ('the man'?)
for a sticker that says you are paying something like road tax on it or
that it has passed annual inspection?  Each state has its own tags and if
you move your car permanently from one state to another you have to
re-register it?  You can pick your own numbers and letters?

The title is some sort of certificate of ownership?

Have I got that correct?

Here in the UK you have a document of vehicle registration which has your
name and address on it and the details of the vehicle, including the
registration number it was given when purchased new.  The only rules are
that pre 1973 vehicles can have white letters on a black background front
and year.  Later cars have a kind of reflective white on the front with
black letters and a kind of reflective yellow on the rear with black
letters.  You can't make up your own number but can buy an unused number
from a dealer or the UK licensing body - a private plate / cherised
number.  People like a short number with their initials.  In the 70s TV
series 'The Persuaders'  Brett Sinclair had the reg BS1 on his Aston-Martin
DBS.  But in really life that reg was only loaned to the TV company for
filming as Billy Smart (of the circus) owned that number.

Porsche UK once lent me a 911 Tiptronic press car (no story from that long
weekend made it into my book of funny short stories or even truth presented
as fiction in one of my fiction stories!) and it had the reg   A 911.  At
that time (almost 30 years ago now) that registration number was not for
sale but was estimated to be worth =C2=A320K+  Some numbers at that time wo=
uld
sell for a lot more but many for a lot, lot less.

Regards

Daniel

--00000000000022307e05cb3ef4dd

hrough the youtuber &#39;Towtrucker&#39;=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://www.youtub=
e.com/watch?v=3Dz5yMAL6Vqag">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dz5yMAL6Vqag<=
ve said about residents associations and stuff in years gone by (a vintage =
junker is still a junker to them!).=C2=A0 I hadn&#39;t appreciated that som=
e Americans live on what I&#39;d call working class private gated communiti=
es.=C2=A0 We don&#39;t have anything like that in the UK that I can think o=
s.=C2=A0 So the tag is what I&#39;d call the number plate and each year you=
 have to pay the government (&#39;the man&#39;?) for a sticker that says yo=
u are paying something like road tax on it or that it has passed annual ins=
pection?=C2=A0 Each state has its own tags and if you move your car permane=
ntly from one state to another you have to re-register it?=C2=A0 You can pi=
cument of vehicle registration which has your name and address on it and th=
e details of the vehicle, including the registration number it was given wh=
en purchased new.=C2=A0 The only rules are that pre 1973 vehicles can have =
white letters on a black background front and year.=C2=A0 Later cars have a=
 kind of reflective white on the front with black letters and a kind of ref=
lective yellow on the rear with black letters.=C2=A0 You can&#39;t make up =
your own number but can buy an unused number from a dealer or the UK licens=
ing body - a private plate / cherised number.=C2=A0 People like a short num=
ber with their initials.=C2=A0 In the 70s TV series &#39;The Persuaders&#39=
;=C2=A0 Brett Sinclair had the reg BS1 on his Aston-Martin DBS.=C2=A0 But i=
n really life that reg was only loaned to the TV company for filming as Bil=
e UK once lent me a 911 Tiptronic press car (no story from that long weeken=
d made it into my book of funny short stories or even truth presented as fi=
ction in one of my fiction stories!) and it had the reg=C2=A0 =C2=A0A 911.=
=C2=A0 At that time (almost 30 years ago now) that registration number was =
not for sale but was estimated to be worth =C2=A320K+=C2=A0 Some numbers at=
 that time would sell for a lot more but many for a lot, lot less.</div><di=
v></div>

--00000000000022307e05cb3ef4dd--

--===============1811124929234135807==

spridgets@autox.team.net