[Spridgets] Won't Idle Down

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Won't Idle Down
From: Bert Shirey via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 09:45:10 -0400

--00000000000066632105ec68ef1e

Guys and Gals: Last month I passed down my 1966 MKII 1098 MIdget to a
friend. I had the car 57 years from new, but I can no longer take care of
it as it needs 'and it was time to let it  go to a good home
        . Some time ago I replaced the carbs with new SU H2s. Ever since,
the idle will not come down. It holds about 1500 RPM normal and higher on
fast. Because of back issues, I was never able to properly sort out the
trouble. The screws are out to the point of being loose. Before I installed
the new carbs I went over the whole car, timing, ignition, plugs, valve
adjustment.
      The car has about 55000 miles and is in mechanically good shape,
since I babied it. My friend is not yet a list member, and I still feel
some responsibility to help him getting the Midge running properly.He says
he checked for vacuum leaks in the usual manner, to no avail. There is a
slight oil leak from one of the tappet side covers that I suppose could
draw air into the breather, maybe unlikely.
          Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers, Bert Shirey.

--00000000000066632105ec68ef1e

MIdget to a friend. I had the car 57 years from new, but I can no longer ta=
ke care of it as it needs &#39;and it was time to let=C2=A0it=C2=A0 go to=
=C2=A0a=C2=A0good=C2=A0home<div>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 . Some time ago=
 I replaced the carbs with new SU H2s. Ever since, the idle will not come d=
own. It holds about 1500 RPM normal and higher on fast. Because of back iss=
ues, I was never able to properly sort out the trouble. The screws are out =
to the point of being loose. Before I installed the new carbs I went over t=
he whole car, timing, ignition, plugs, valve adjustment.=C2=A0</div><div>=
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 The car has about 55000 miles and is in mechanically=
=C2=A0good shape, since I babied it. My friend is not yet a list member, an=
d I still feel some responsibility to help him getting the Midge running pr=
operly.He says he checked for vacuum=C2=A0leaks in the usual manner, to no =
avail. There is a slight oil leak from one of the tappet side covers that I=
 suppose could draw air into the breather, maybe unlikely.</div><div>=C2=A0=
 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers, Bert S=
hirey.</div></div>

--00000000000066632105ec68ef1e--

--===============6589457009978960463==

spridgets@autox.team.net