(Fwd) Red is Negative

To: team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (Fwd) Red is Negative
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:29:14 GMT
All,

Just a word of warning about accountants trying to be practical with cars...
 Which makes me wonder - anyone watched a lawyer try this kind of thing ??

David

--- Forwarded mail from Maurice Chaplin <moechap@log.on.ca>

From: Maurice Chaplin <moechap@log.on.ca>
To: "'BRITISH-CARS-PRE-WAR@autox.team.net'"
         <BRITISH-CARS-PRE-WAR@Autox.Team.Net>
Cc: "'morris@autox.team.net'" <morris@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Red is Negative
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:44:05 -0500

Hello

I went over to assist someone jump-starting a car in an office parking lot the
other day. He handed me the cables to connect to the "dead" vehicle - told me '
black to positive, red to negative" when I queried this I was told this is how
he always did it. His reasoning was that, in book-keeping, red ink denoted a
negative balance and black ink a positive one. The moral of the story - Double
check if you're being jump-started by an accountant.

Moe

---End of forwarded mail from Maurice Chaplin <moechap@log.on.ca>