Re: IRP race report (short form)

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: IRP race report (short form)
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:22:27 -0600
Flounder wrote:
>Friday all day....Rain.
>
>Friday evening...Watched others "go kart" their asses off.
>(followed by a bolt cutter break-in back into the track... hey... "they"
>locked it...)
>
>Saturday all day... Rain.
>
>Saturday Evening/Partied my ass off.
>
>Sunday morning... Rain.

This is NOT the weather I requested for the weekend, but it was better than
last year.  Yes, I was at the track, paid my ten bucks to stand in the rain
only to find that many of the drivers were not going out.  It seems that
the raindrops falling on the concrete wall along the dragstip area created
an electromagnetic field which tended to attract cars.  I came back late
Sunday, but only in time to see the last two groups.  By that time,
everything else was back on their trailers.  That explains why the sun came
out. I noticed that the green Lotus that was under the Team Thicko canopy
Saturday was a few pounds lighter Sunday.   It looked like it took a pretty
hard hit, but I didn't get a good look at it.
I hope that there were no injuries other than a few egos and wallets.
Sorry that I didn't have more time to stop by and introduce myself.  Maybe
next time.

Calvin