Re: spring time de-cloak

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: spring time de-cloak
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 13:43:15 -0400
Monoposto has felt the FV guys are trailer trash for some time, you can only add
a little panache to that by joining us with your burning red little Asp, put
some
ky on it to cool it down.  If you're planning on creeping up on any of us,
you'll
being doing it Asp first and we'll see ya comming.  ugh, just the thought makes
me cringe.

I'm making a new formula, we're gonna call Whup Asp.  Ya just pour it on, no
rubbing, no buffing and right away you've got a blistered bottom feeder.

but really, get that FV on the track quickly and join us.  We'll have several at
Mosport and always at the VSCDA races.  We'll see who gets bitten on the Asp.

The time to be at VIR will be in the fall with SVRA.  We have several of the
VSCDA regulars planning on making the long drive as well of a few of the crowd
from the east coast, both north and south.   I promise you a good time and SVRA
has said we'll get a separate FV race if we can produce a dozen cars.

On the VDCA topic, several of us have been trying to promote the group beyond
normal volume to get a few folks within striking distance to come to the events
and keep the organization from folding.  Other than VIR two weeks ago, it's been
far too undersubscribed.  It deserves to survive as it's about as directly
different from HSR  as is VSCDA.  I'd like to see it become the VSCDA of the
south: legal cars, good track time, good people and good racing.  So far it has
been, but with only about 30 entries at Kershaw earlier in the year, it just
looked like it was near folding.  We had about 90 at VIR and will resume the
season in the fall when some of the competition for dates starts to cool down.

We're all looking forward to seeing Uncle Jack's new ride!

mike

"Wm. Severin Thompson" wrote:

> Carwise, the FrankenSprite project is as yet, stillborn. I'm gonna buy a
> race  Sprite (this week... really) and I've also purchased a pretty cool
> Formula V. (The monoposto guys already are feeling like trailer trash
> have moved into the exclusive subdivision just with the thought of a
> Flounder piloted V creepin' up their pompous asses at the track. Hmm...
> second ass reference in this mail, and I'm just gettin' started...)
>
> My race schedule will be Blackhawk in June, Mosport in July, Grattan in
> August, Road America in Sept., and IRP in Oct. Two wildcards will be a
> possible event at VIR just because every review of the facility is
> stellar, and am considering the BRIC again if I'm rollin' in the dough.

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///