Re: American Racing Wheels

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: American Racing Wheels
From: Harold Hartsell <hartsell@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 17:51:14 -0700
>I have the same wheels and thought they were the American Racing wheels
>shown on page 125 in the Clymer book,  though they have no identifying
>marks on them.  I don't have the center caps  and would like to find at
>least one for a pattern so I could make a set, though I might just make up
>some with the same Tiger logo as the Pie mags.
>These are magnesium wheels and are thirty years old.  Has anyone had any
>bad experiences with them?

I have the 8 spoke American Racing Wheels. They are magnesium and if I
remember correctly, they were stamped on the inside of the rim with
"American Racing".  I've had one person say it would not be safe to run
them, but many others indicate it was ok. I can't find any obvious cracks or
anything. They were too skinny for my tastes anyway.

Harold