Re: Spare tire hold down and Jack

To: VUGQ02A@prodigy.com (MR RAY MCCRARY)
Subject: Re: Spare tire hold down and Jack
From: "Ron Franklin" <oldhaven@biddeford.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 17:06:27 -0500
On 12 Apr 96 at 23:40, MR RAY MCCRARY wrote:

  My car came from the dealer new
> with eight spoke mags that have different offsets front to back so
> that the track is the same.  They are made of magnesium, not aluminum,
>  with a small cap that is an interference fit in the center.  They
> take standard lug nuts.  Does anyone know anything about them?  Brand
> name, etc.?

I have the same wheels and thought they were the American Racing wheels
shown on page 125 in the Clymer book,  though they have no identifying
marks on them.  I don't have the center caps  and would like to find at
least one for a pattern so I could make a set, though I might just make up
some with the same Tiger logo as the Pie mags.
These are magnesium wheels and are thirty years old.  Has anyone had any
bad experiences with them?
Ron Franklin

Bowdoin, Maine, USA