Re: Spare tire hold down and Jack

To: oldhaven@biddeford.com, VUGQ02A@prodigy.com
Subject: Re: Spare tire hold down and Jack
From: DRano4718@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 19:16:42 -0400
In a message dated 96-04-13 17:04:41 EDT, oldhaven@biddeford.com (Ron
Franklin) writes:

> They are made of magnesium, not aluminum,
>>  with a small cap that is an interference fit in the center.  They
>> take standard lug nuts.  Does anyone know anything about them?  Brand
>> name, etc.?
>
>I have the same wheels and thought they were the American Racing wheels
>shown on page 125 in the Clymer book,  though they have no identifying
>marks on them.  I don't have the center caps  and would like to find at
>least one for a pattern so I could make a set, though I might just make up
>some with the same Tiger logo as the Pie mags.

They are the same wheels shown in the Clymer book.Different width & different
front to back, as I recall. I had a set which I sold to Wayne Boyd in
Narragansett, R.I., who still uses them. Careful, magnesium is porous & is
said to get brittle when old. They should be pretty coroded by now,huh? I
think I may still have a center cap.They were plastic, said "American Racing"
on them, & fastened with a single screw from the inside of the wheel. Al J.