Re: Re: Alpine/Tiger wheels

To: <winbladg@apps5.credence.COM>, <ROOTES1@BEST.COM>, <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>,
Subject: Re: Re: Alpine/Tiger wheels
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 26 Apr 96 19:41:12 EDT
>>Sorry, Norm, you can't have it both ways.

>Yeah, I wasn't going to start another bru-ha-ha but it sure seems
illogical to me too that the factory would change to a weaker design for
later cars.

***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN @ PNM) at 4/26/96 4:36p
I think the logic here is ultimately clear.  Someone at Rootes thought
that the Tiger would benefit from the beefier wheel; Someone else
realized that there was no price reason to use different wheels on the
cars.  So, the early Alpine wheels were phased out on Alpines when the
Tiger wheels were being put on Tigers.  When the old Alpine wheels ran
out, the Tiger wheels became Tiger and Alpine wheels.  The question is,
who has the Alpine out there with the very last Alpine wheels and if the
factory was one or more short causing the car to have some of each?

Jay

Jay S. Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
1999 Avenue of the Stars