Facet Pump

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Facet Pump
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 07:21:46 -0600
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text

     Thanks to everyone who responded to my fuel pump info requests.  I
     installed the mystery Facet pump this weekend, and other than nearly
     setting the car on fire when the outlet fitting leaked after driving a
     couple miles, there appear to be no problems with pressure or flow.
     There's no waterfall effect in the carb, so the pressure can't be too
     high, and I was able to accelerate up a long hill without the bowl
     running dry, so the capacity must be OK.

     I bolted it directly to the bracket that held my old pump.  It runs
     continuously, and is a bit louder than the stock pump, but you only
     notice  this with the engine off.  At idle (stock type mufflers) you
     would notice it if you knew what to listen for.  In motion, you just
     plain can't hear it.

     Stu