RE: Rootes Spares (fwd)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rootes Spares (fwd)
From: tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 19:57:00 -0400
>I am looking at a MKII that has lots of subframe and floor pan rust. It is
>original so I guess worth the work but where can I get replacement panels? I
>hope I don';t have to (ugh) fabricate them!!! Floor pans x-member pieces,
>fenders, inner and outer rocker panels, etc. etc.
>norm from Calgary
Norm: These parts were the easiest to fabricate! I used heavy paper ("shirt
card", like the packaging material) to make patterns. These were tranfered
to the sheet metal for cutting and bending. Pick up a copy of Ron Fornier's
book on sheet metal fabrication. (Classic Motorbooks) He uses this method
to build and modify race cars! pjb