Re: Re[2]: The 215 thread/ Super 'Crosser

To: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: The 215 thread/ Super 'Crosser
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 96 9:24:38 PDT

>      Roland;
>

>      -A couple years ago helping a friend as "crew-chief" on his GT-350 at
>      the Palm Springs Road Races, one of the two surviving (so I was told)
>      Grand Sport Corvettes was running. What history can you fill me in on
>      about these? I also got a photo or 2 of the Daytona model Cobra's.When
>      we ever get together for lunch with Gary W. & Steve W., remind me to
>      bring my photos.
>

>                                     Phil

No idea what those chevy dudes were up to in those days.  I've heard of
the Grand Sport, re: Cobras, of course.  It was supposedly one of the
motivation for the development of the 427 Cobra.  But like the mid
engine Ferrari it didn't matter in the end.  But then the 427 Cobra
didn't either.

Gary & Co have been pretty quiet lately.  Nothing to say?  Busy?
Intimidated?  Off the list?

Maybe it's time for the Bay Area contingent to get together for lunch.
Heck, if Cobra owners are allowed, I suppose Alpine owners should be
invited too.

Roland