Re: The 215 thread/ Super 'Crosser

To: lrw@aop.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The 215 thread/ Super 'Crosser
From: JEFF_CARTER@hp-cupertino-om5.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 96 12:16:09 -0600

> The only one I ever drove, a '62 F-85, had something called a RotoHydroMatic,
cannot remember if was one of the last 4sp autos or early in GM's adoption
of 3speed autos. I dunno enough about GM trannys, they seemed to have
come out with a new one every 20 minutes or so. Could the hypothetical
SuperCrosser live with a  2sp slushbox? Or perhaps use a Rover SD1 manual?

     Larry,
     At the risk of A.J. going balistic over non-'beamer material, didn't
     the early '60's olds/pontiacs run a rear transaxle of some sort.
     Remember my dad making some snide remarks about them.

     Jeff