Re: motor mount heat shield plates

To: tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: motor mount heat shield plates
From: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 96 15:46:00 MST
Harold,
I was wondering how much more effective the shields would be if they were
made out of stainless steel? Stainless has a much higher thermal resistance
than steel, so it ought to heat up slower and not absorb as much heat. What
do you think? Plus there wouldn't be any rust factor either (although they
would sure dry off quickly).
Cullen