RE: British AA

To: <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>, <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: RE: British AA
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 14 Aug 96 18:20:52 EDT
Rick writes:

"A friend from work , upon returning from a multi week visit to Europe,
presented me with the gift of a badge he purchased in a shop in England.
. . . . The area above and on the tab carries the following information:

"Property of the AA New Coventry St. London, W.  1"
also :  " This badge MUST be returned when membership ceases "

What are the specifics ?"

***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN @ PNM) at 8/14/96 3:11p
As an attorney I must inform you that I believe that there is an
archaic English law which provides that if a membership badge is not
return upon cessation of membership, the issuing agency or association is
entitled to retrieve said badge through whatever means deemed necessary,
and to confiscate whatever vehicle said badge is attached to as payment
for any overdue membership fees generated while said badge was attached to
said vehicle without payment.

;-)

Jay