Torpedoes (sigh)

To: Tigers Digest <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Torpedoes (sigh)
From: "Ed E. Powell" <102430.3640@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Jan 97 20:02:25 EST
Hey!  I got first-hand notice today from a fellow with a machine built shortly
after mine (B382002682).  He says he's got a 260 in it.  I believe him.  So that
certainly lends credibility to the 260 side of all this fuss, doesn't it?

Norm said something about a registry, but I must confess I don't have a copy.
That's okay; I also confess that I'm not a huge auto-phile, either.  Small sport
cars and very very old machines are okay, but outside of that I think cars suck.

As I've said before, I am hardly qualified to judge the engine in my machine.
Still, mechanics refer to the "289" in my machine, and it rolled off the dealer
lot touted as a 289.  Do I sue someone today if it's a 260?  I wonder if Jim
Reed Sport Cars in Southern California is still doing business.  Ha!

So, when I return home to Pismo Beach, I suppose I'm obligated to make a
thorough evaluation.  Gotta get the car home from Arizona, first, though, and
that means some carburetor work.  Any tips on sticky float valves (in the 'full
bowl' position)?  I think there's some stiff linkage, too, associated with the
choke, but what do I know.  I mostly just drive the thing.  Lots more fun than
my wife's Chrysler Town and Country station wagon.  Gag.

Eddy