Re: Replacement Steering Wheel

To: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Replacement Steering Wheel
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 97 07:06:07 -0700
     One way around the horn button problem is to replace your turn signal
     switch with one that includes a "flasher"switch, then wire the flasher
     to the horns.  I think the direct sub is a Rover part, but Rick or Tom
     or Curt should have it.  I found it easy to get used to, but I was
     driving a German Capri at the time, and that had the horn on the
     directional stalk.

     The Previous Owner did something to the wheel (a few too many flying
     leaps over the door, perhaps), so the ring was broken, the hub was
     cracked, and it looked like the wheel was pushed in a bit.  The
     repaired horn ring never made good enough contact to blow the horns,
     so my plans for a headlight flasher were scrapped in favor of this.

     Stu