Re: Handling problems

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Handling problems
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:10:26 +0000
CoolVT@aol.com wrote:

>   I'm having handling problems with my Tiger and am looking for suggestions.
>  The car has almost no return on the steering wheel after a corner or any
> curve.  Also, it seems to bump steer somewhat.  Therefore, when making almost
> any correction in near normal driving the wheel has to be constantly turned
> or the car just continues in the direction of the last turn  (because the
> wheel hardly returns).

CVT: I had a similar problem with my Tiger after a rebuild. Initialy, it
was the fact that everything was new and tight. But the car had could
have used some more castor to help with the self centering. This isn't
adjustable! In fact, if you alter the stance of a Tiger with springs,
rim and tire changes, etc., these could also affect the castor. If you
set the car up for the nose down, "hot rod" stance, you'll lose the self
centering angle that was built into the car.
 The only thing I could come up with was to change the angle of the
aluminum mounting plates that are between the xmember and the frame
rail. That was a project that I decided to pass on!