Re: wagons, ho!

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net (Tigers)
Subject: Re: wagons, ho!
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 97 8:32:27 CST
> >Hey anyone out there have a Tiger 2 door station wagon (Nomad)?
> >Maybe convert a Hillman?  I'd like to see some pictures.
>
> When I first joined the List 1-1/2 years ago, I discussed my thought
> on doing this w/a spare, beat-up hardtop I had at the time. Cut open
> the back of the hardtop, remove the trunk lid, and then start
> fabricating from there. If ya want to leave the Tiger uncut, so you
> can reconvert, the interior space won't be particularly useful.
>
> At the time, nobody thought this interesting. Probably still don't.
>
> I wonder if some computer whiz could cut-n-paste some images to show
> us what one would look like?

Don't forget the "infamous 3-seat Tiger" at
http://cablepop.sc.intel.com/tiger/pictures/tig3seat.jpg.

Here's the text that goes with the picture:

"The picture is from Modern Motoring and Travel, 10/66

"The caption reads: "This highly modified Sunbeam Tiger has been
attracting quite a few envious glances from the motoring public in
Halifax, Yorkshire. It was made for an esthusiastic Tiger owner Mr.
Raymond Siddall, who wanted the Tiger's exceptional performance with
plenty of head room in the rear.

"The conversion was carried out to Mr. Siddall's own specifications by
Woodall Nicholson, the old-established coach builders in Halifax, and
it transformed the 125 m.p.h. V8 Tiger into a luxurious three seater
with plenty of head and leg room for the rear seat
passenger."

For the HP folks and anyone else who can't get to the Tiger web, let
me know and I'll mail you the picture.
--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com