tiger questions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tiger questions
From: jpeterson@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 97 08:16:49 PST8
     Greetings to all,
     I am relatively new and niave to the Tiger world and am currently
     attempting to resurrect a MARK 1 form a hibernation which was begun in
     1976. The car has recently made it back onto the road, but I still
     have some problems and questions I was hoping some of you might be
     able to help me with.

     1. My valve covers carry the information
     Eng #              G13KA
     Model              C4PZ-6001-CF
     SO#                SO2632
     I was wondering what the G13KA and SO# represent.

     2. I, like others it seems, am not thrilled with the leaky oil filter
     set up and would like to change it. Specifically, I am looking for a
     thin adapter plate which would mount on the engine block with headers
     installed. The original keeps leaking on me and it seems there should
     be a O-ring sealed plate out there which would allow for a cleaner
     remote setup.

     3. When coming out of right hand turns and stomping on it, I
     experience what seems to be a fair amount of clutch slippage. This
     does not seem to be a problem in a straight line and not as bad as a
     problem in left hand turns. I was thinking maybe I am getting light on
     the right rear and then it continues to slip and takes on the
     appearance of a slipping clutch. Any Ideas?

     4 I am running a Cobra lettered high rise and having interference
     problems with the hood, anybody know of a good aftermarket low profile
     air cleaner that would fit in the space I have? Of course a LAT 79 hood
     would be an ideal solution if anybody has a round cornered one laying
     around not in use that is looking for a new home drop me a line.

     5. I would like to change my car over to a true single wire alternator
     with a stock ammeter, and was wondering if anyone has made this
     conversion; and if so where is the best place to tie the single wire
     into.

     6. I would like to cut LAT 79 vents into my hood as well as cutting
     vents in my fenders, does anyone have templates and location
     information for these.

     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

     Jay Peterson
     E-Mail jpeterson@CCGATE.HAC.COM

     PS from what I am reading I guess the 351c tiger is not stock?