Re: tiger questions

To: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Subject: Re: tiger questions
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 97 7:51:19 PST
> On Thu, 27 Feb 97 10:05:06 PST Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> writes:
>

> >I have the same intake on the HiPo engine that I'll be re-installing
> >in my snake "shortly".  The round 14" diameter Ford air cleaner
> >easily fits under my unscooped hood.  I've seen these air cleaners
> >at some better stocked auto parts stores, but you can also order
> >them from Ford Motorsports and most any vintage Mustang place.
> >
> >Roland
> >

> Well yeah Roland, but with all the room in a Cobra engine compartment,
> you can fit just about anything!  We got less clearance in our little
> modified
> Alpines...
>
> Gary

How much clearance?  I gather from the original post that whatever
air filter is currently being used does fit, but rubs a bit.  The
Motorsports catalog doesn't give the thickness, but it's one of the
thinnest ones I've seen.  I suspect it was designed for minimum
clearance.  I'd be happy to measure mine if anyone is interested.

And don't forget Gary, all I got is a modified Ace.

Roland