Re: PCV Circuit Cleaning

To: NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net, richards@northcoast.com
Subject: Re: PCV Circuit Cleaning
From: BSTIG1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 11:42:56 -0500 (EST)
Rick,
If I were you, and obviously I'm not, I would try cleaning it with your
"garden variety" carb cleaner.  As for the parts supplement that I think
you're refering to, publication No.6601131, concering Rootes part #1229842 on
Plate ref. D111, don't take this as gospel. After all, the cover page
notes,"Commencing Chassis Number B9470001" and if you go section GF, the
transmission noted is a Toploader.  Well I'm here to tell you,  my Tiger came
with a T-10 and it's chassis # is B9470047. I don't know where these Ford and
Rootes engineers got their degrees in "Rocket Scientry", but the workshop
manual and parts publication certainly are not " the bible" when it comes to
Tigers. Exerience usually is.  As for the oil filler cap on my car,  it's
connected by a hose to the air cleaner.  Brett