WHAT IS IT WORTH???

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: WHAT IS IT WORTH???
From: welchman@glasscity.net (Neal Welch)
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 14:37:47 -0500
To those who responded to my request to find out what my Tiger is worth -
Thanks!.  To help you give me the best estimate, I submit the following:

My Tiger is a 1966 Mark 1A.  The chassis number is B382001587LRXFE.  I have
owned it since about 1984, but it has only been driven a few hundred miles
in all that time.

ENGINE: 260 cubic inch, bored .030 over to clean up the cylinders.  It was
rebuilt in 1996 by Motor Rebuilders, here in Toledo.  It is basically stock,
with an Edelbrock intake manifold and a Carter AFB 625CFM carburetor.  It
also has Tiger valve covers that I bought from CAT.  It presently has a
standard Ford distributor, but I also have a Ford Dual-point, all mechanical
distributor and a new (still in the box) Mallory Unilite distributor and
coil. The clutch, presure plate and t/o bearing were replaced with the
engine (I believe I got them from Classic Sunbeam Auto Parts).  It also has
a thicker core radiator that I bought from Pro-Prep Racing before they
stopped selling anything but interiors. (I also have the original radiator).

TRANSMISSION:  Ford toploader, close-ratio with a Hurst Competition Plus
shifter. The trans. checked out O.K., so I just replaced the input shaft
bearing that is quite often noisy. (I also have the stock shifter).

ELECTRICAL:  All there, but as tired as you would expect.  The original
generator has been rebuilt and it has a new regulator and a new battery (all
in 1996).

DIFFERENTIAL:  2.88 gears, stock, I have not touched it or the rear springs yet.

HYDRAULICS/BRAKES:  I replaced the brakes, wheel cylinders, brake and clutch
master cylinders and the clutch slave cylinder about 1990.  I also put in a
non-stock Midland-Ross brake booster.

FRONT CROSSMEMBER/SUSPENSION:  The entire crossmember was taken out of the
car and cleaned. The welds were checked and rewelded where necessary.  All
new parts were installed.  I also put new shocks all around.  This was about
1989 or 1990. I put in new original type front springs and insulators (from
Classic Sunbeam Auto Parts) in 1996 because the stronger CAT springs I had
put in were too stiff.

BODY:  From the cowl back, the body is in good shape.  The car was hit in
the front before I bought it.  The fenders were cut off at the top of the
front wheel arch and the nose was replaced.  The workmanship was, to be
polite, bad.

INTERIOR:  Typical British roadster.  It is acceptable, but will definitely
be replaced if I keep it.  I've already talked to Pro Prep Interiors about
rebuilding the front bucket seats.

TOP:  There is not one on the car.  I bought a nice Robbins smooth grain
vinyl top from CAT a few years back, but it is still in the box.

RUST:  Very little, but where you would expect it.

TIRES:  Nitto P185/70HR13's on the front and P205/60HR13's on the rear. All
are on aftermarket aluminum wheels.

OTHER SPARES:  I have a few boxes, everything from chrome letters to a
windshield washer bottle.  I have most of the rubber trim pieces for the
body and to go around the windshield.  I even have the original 260 engine.

Sorry, no scanner, so I don't have any pictures to help you judge it's
condition, but I really do need to know  what it is worth.  I have too many
hobbies and too little time.  I have the most understanding wilf of 26
years, and the Tiger is paid for, so I don't have to sell it, but I need to
decide this year whether to finish it or be done with it.  Any help as to
it's worth will be appreciated.

Thanks, Welchman, live from Toledo.