Re: Fear of Flying Alpines

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fear of Flying Alpines
From: rootes@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:42:45 -0800
Jay Laifman wrote:

> Are there any other cars out there where there were two
> practically identical versions, i.e. Tiger/Alpine, but
> where one pulls in a much higher price?  And, how do those
> owners prove authenticity?

Here are a few British cars that come to mind. I'm sure there are more:
Morgan 4 cyl/Morgan +8 (V8)
MGB /MGBV8 (Not imported to the USA but people convert them here and in
the UK)
TR7/TR8
Different engined Cobras (I understand, if I'm correct, the Cobra club
accepts replica Cobras in the same class as originals)
TVR /TVR Griffith V8 (The original car came with a 4cyl, Grifith put in
V8s...289 up to a 427 I believe!)

All the above cars had identical (or pretty much so) sheet metal and
could probably by converted to the higher HP version. I'm sure this
affects price differently for each line.

Steve Sage