Worst fears confirmed

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Worst fears confirmed
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:47:55 -0500 (EST)
        Some things are predictable.  Before I ever sent the "Trouble with
TAC / Call for Consensus" message, I just
KNEW that, as someone who takes exception to TAC as it exists, ......that.
sooner or later, somebody was gonna label me as a potential cheat, fraud,
proponent of the dark side, ......., you name it.

        I hope all of you read  "TAC inspector #14's "  posting under the
title "Simply Amazing"  Man that had it all  !   Paranoia, conjecture,
gossip, and of course, a not so veiled accusation that  anyone ( outside of
a select group of course )  who wants to " know the facts"  of what is /
isn't a Tiger ,  is dishonest.  There was even a feeble attempt to paint
themselves as victims by labeling anyone who disagrees with them as "TAC
Bashers".  How lame.  I'd like to know how this "attitude" enhances the
marque or relations among Sunbeam enthusiasts.

        I don't know how many of you folks are paying  attention out there,
but be advised.  At this point it appears  you have three choices.  Agree
with TAC,  ignore TAC ( even though their actions might affect you ) ,  or
if you dare to disagree with TAC, suffer the consequences of being
badmouthed, accused, and generally labeled as somehow undesireable within
the Sunbeam community.  This is a genuine problem, folks.

        Don't get me wrong.  I'm still trying to keep the lines of
communication open.....and in some cases I'm getting useful correspondence
from folks who both agree / disagree with me.  However.....

        I'm trying to remain objective, but I still cannot understand.
What could STOA / TAC possibly have against obtaining consensus and fairly
applying  clear standards within the Sunbeam Tiger community ?  Wouldn't
this just essentially build upon, and improve upon, a program that they
rightfully can claim to have started ?

                                                            Rick Fedorchak